Friday, May 13, 2011

Lighter Fare

In addition to saving money on Tuesday, Mr. O and I just ran errands, and I did yard work.  Both of my parents have green thumbs and well I have a black thumb.  One time I managed to kill lucky bamboo…I think that is near impossible, but I did it.  We have a patio with three flower beds.  For the past couple of years we’ve been trying to plant easy low care plants.  Due to all of the rain we have been getting the weeds were out of control!  After a couple of hours the patio it looking much better and I see signs of dahlias coming through.  For dinner we were feeling salads since we had gone to Chick-fil-a for a late lunch.  Again I turned to Gina’s Skinny Taste for inspiration and we I made her Basil Green goddess dressing.  It was so light and refreshing; it is the perfect dressing for summer.  I tossed the dressing with spinach, tomato, avocado, onions, and grilled chicken…… and viola!  It was the perfect salad for little tease of summer that we have been having.   





I have some big savings planned….stayed tuned to find out what I get!

No comments:

Post a Comment