Thursday, May 26, 2011

Stroke of Genius

First, Scotty won American Idol!!!!! I was getting so worried that I may have to boycott the show, but that won't be a problem now.  For dinner this week I got a little fire up my toosh and decided to make an appetizer, marinade chicken on the fly, and make an Asian noodle salad. 

For the appetizer, I decided to make How Sweet It Is Crispy Portobello Mushroom Fries.  These were so tasty!!! The smoky cheddar parm dip is just divine.  Perfect appetizer for any party or gameday, but make extra because they will go fast.  Mr. O and Sully loved snacking on these while I finished up getting dinner ready.


For dinner I made Iowa Girl Eats Asian Noodle Salad. I knew that I wanted to add chicken to this flavor explosion.  So I'm standing in the kitchen, thinking about what kind of marinade I should make and then it just came to me. 

Asian Chicken Marinade
-1/4 c soy sauce - I used reduced sodium
-4 tsp. sesame oil
-2 tbl. honey
-2 tsp. fresh ginger
-2 tsp. fresh garlic

After marinating the chicken I sauteed it in canola oil.  The chicken turned out so yummy!!!! Mr. O even said it tasted like the free samples of chicken that the chinese restaurants give out in the food court.....I think that is a complement :).  Some other modifications I made is that I used rice noodles and added asparagus. 


This meal was another homerun.  I made plenty for leftovers and I'm glad that I did becuase Sully couln't get enough of it.  He just loves the noodles.  Summer is right around the corner and I'm glad that we have been making lighter recipes.  I bought Sully an inflatable pool today and we have a community pool.  He is a little waterbug.  We enrolled him in swim lessons at 6 months old and I'm so happy that we did.  He is very comfortable in water and he even puts his mouth in the water and blows bubbles!!!  With the start of summer this weekend, and my birthday I am very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment