Monday, April 18, 2011

Mud Dog Run Review

On Saturday I ran the Mud Dog race with my sister and a couple of friends.  I was really excited about this race because I have never done anything like it before.  The weather on Thursday and Friday was gorgeous high 70's, and on race day it was in the 50's and rainy.  The race was a 5k that included 16 obstacles.  The obstacles ranged from crossing the Monocacy River, climbing cargo net and hay bales, rolling in flour, to jumping over fire.  It was definitely and experience and had so much fun!  My time was 32:42, and I ended up finishing  7th for women in the 34 and under division, not too shabby!! Afterwards we were treated to a free beer and band.  Since it was chilly all of the runners were huddled around heaters.  Due to the weather Mr. and Sully stayed home.   I feel that the race could've been a bit more organized, there was only a mile marker for the first mile.  Also, on the race information sheet it said that there would be one water station and there wasn't one.  But all in all it was a great time and I'm looking forward to next year's race.  After I got home and showered the the weather turned nasty!  The rain continued, wind gusts picked up, and then there were tornado warnings!!  Here are some pictures from the race.

I'm Done!!

Me and Little Sis

Start of race jumping in the Monocacy River

Jumping over fire at the finish line

No comments:

Post a Comment