Monday, April 11, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

After venturing down to DC to photograph the cherry blossoms my allergies hit me pretty hard.  There was so much sinus pressure it was unbearable.  On Friday, Sully and I stayed in our pj's and snuggled.  Saturday I woke up to get my eyebrows done, got Mr. O a cup of coffee and headed home.  Mr. O let me rest for a couple of hours and I felt much better.  So, I thought it would be good to get Sully out of the house and we headed over to my parent's for dinner.  On Sunday, the rain was finally gone and it was gorgeous!! After Sully woke up for a nap I decided to take him on run to the park.  The park is about a mile and a half away, so it is nice little tempo run for me.  I took Sully out of the jogging stroller and we were playing on the equipment, and then I noticed something.  Sully and I were the only white people at the park.  There were so many other people from different backgrounds and cultures at the park spending quality time with their families, and the kids using their imagination.  Are all American children stuck in front of TVs and playing video games??? It made complete sense as to why the United States has the highest rate of obesity and are falling behind in academics.  For someone that has been active their entire life, and continues to be, this was a tough pill to swallow.  Playing team sports made such an impact on my life growing up.  I played field hockey competitively for over ten years and played all four years in college.  It teaches a person teamwork and helps with their confidence and self esteem.  I try to get Sully out of the house as much as possible.  Today I went on a morning run, Sully and I went to the park, and then on a walk.  I do realize that me being home with Sully does give me the advantage of getting him out of the house.  However, when I was working and Sully was in daycare I made sure to pick a provider where he would be outside as much as possible.  Hope you all had a good weekend.  Stayed tuned to see what Mr. O and I make for dinner on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment