Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Run Forrest Run

I heard the rain last night and I hoped that it would subside so I could go for run.  Sully woke up and the weather was overcast.  However, I still told myself that I would go running.  I woke Mr. O up and put on my running clothes before I changed my mind.  I had decided that I was going to do a 3 mile loop.  There I was running and realized all was good, so I decided that I would keep going. 


My body felt great, the weather was mild, I was hydrated, and the jams were pumping on the iPod.  As a runner this is the best type of run.  The kind of run where everything is perfect and you get lost.  My mind was clear and it was just me running.  As I finished, it didn't feel like I had just run 5 miles, but just had gotten a breath of fresh air.  This was the perfect way for me to increase my miles.  I have become very comfortable in the 3.5-4.5 mile range and need to increase.  This weekend I am doing the Mud Dog Run with my sister.  Flying Dog brewery used the Warrior Dash as inspiration for the run.  I have never done anything like this so I am very excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment